Happy V-day burnerz...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Lite that fire tonite...and enjoy... :)
whether ya have a SO right now or not...
if not who cares...it's their loss not yours... >:-(
Enjoy the evening maybes with an adult beverage.

I am fond of this lil ditty...

Have a great evening all...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

V...for Victory! no wait...V for Vegetables! I can no make linkies but I recommend you all youtubes "Willie Hutch The Glow" awesome song from an awesome movie....When I say "Who's the master, you say Sho'nuff".

A valentine for ya Gamma. Have a great evening.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Happy V-day burnerz...
    i-love-or-heart-wood-design-men-tee.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 428
[Hearth.com] Happy V-day burnerz...

pen

For some reason I thought Valentine's Day was tommorow. Last night I tried to buy a card at the gas station.... I finally got one this morning. Better late than never I guess! :sick:

Happy Valentine Day.

Zap

Made DS nervous this a.m. before work when I put a tablecloth on the table, and a handful of irises in a vase. Bought him a little cherry torte thing-y, and a card. Until he read it, he kept asking, "Did I miss something? What day is it? Is it your birthday? C'mon, what day is it?"

Happy Valentine's Day, and happy half-way between the first of January and the end of March (after which it doesn't get down to -40 any more, ergo, spring). Woot!

What's V day with out Billy Squire ??

zap

Marvin was/is a class act, Zap !

snowleopard said:
...and a handful of irises in a vase.

Where the heck did you get irises?

Thanks Gamma. Happy V-day to you too.
My Valentine is in Cali with the grandkiddies while they're off school for the month. It's just me, myself, and I here at the old homestead, so thanks again.

PapaDave said:
Thanks Gamma. Happy V-day to you too.
My Valentine is in Cali with the grandkiddies while they're off school for the month. It's just me, myself, and I here at the old homestead, so thanks again.

Ahhh, big Dixie & Matisse snuffles, Dave !

Oh jeez Dixie, didn't mean to come off all whiny. :smirk: I appreciate the thought though.
I called her earlier in the day and sang her Happy V-day to the tune of the "happy B-day to you" song. It was pretty pathetic, but I sensed a smile from her end.
She'll be back in about 3 weeks. I'll wait here with the doggies for her return. Actually, I'll be driving downstate to pick her up.
Billy Squire? Really? :cheese:
Perhaps Barry White, or Luther. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFIOu2sYxoc

BrotherBart said:
Where the heck did you get irises?

Grocery store.

Lots of people were taking the last-minute out last night. Saw a kid there about 14 years old going with a big bunch of beautiful gold-bronze roses--I'm guessing that was a mom bouquet, and if so, that boy was raised right.

I saw a big burly guy there--must have been about 6'4", flannel shirt, big black beard checking out pink fluffy teddy bears there. I walked past and said, "Go with the flowers," and he looked up with a `been busted' grin on his face. He's a goner for sure.

PapaDave said:
Oh jeez Dixie, didn't mean to come off all whiny. :smirk: I appreciate the thought though.
I called her earlier in the day and sang her Happy V-day to the tune of the "happy B-day to you" song. It was pretty pathetic, but I sensed a smile from her end.
She'll be back in about 3 weeks. I'll wait here with the doggies for her return. Actually, I'll be driving downstate to pick her up.
Billy Squire? Really? :cheese:
Perhaps Barry White, or Luther. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFIOu2sYxoc

Billy Squire's a bud. Called me "love" over the phone :)

BTW, his checks says William H. Squire ;-)

Call me cheap . . . but I refuse to do the flowers and candy and card thing just because the date is February 14th . . .

That said . . . I do like to buy my wife flowers or an occasional card with a hand-written message in it throughout the year at random times . . . to me that is a lot more romantic than doing what everyone else does . . . simply because of a date.

Fortunately, my wife is as practical as I am . . . and has no issue with not receiving anything just because it's Valentine's Day . . . but I always ask her if she wants anything just to be on the safe side. ;)

Jake, I think Random Flowers are Big Mojo. Whenever I see a man walking towards the checkout counter with a bouquet, I say, "You're doing the right thing." And by now you're probably picking up why one of my daughter's nicknames for me is "Mrs. Always Talks to Strangers".

My son is a very sentimental kid--things like that are meaningful to him, so I make the effort. He's a great giver of gifts--puts a lot of time and thought into other people at birthdays, Christmas. My observation is that people who care about giving also appreciate the effort of having been given to. So I try.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Marvin was/is a class act, Zap !

Sure is, always liked his music.

zap

gave my beautiful wife 2 cards...1 funny, the other, funnier, some Cadbury Cream Eggs (her fav), and a slap on the bottom. She gave me a Yoda Pez dispenser, some beef jerky, and Dove Dark chocolates (my fav). It was a good day. She hates flowers...they just die, and she fears tha cats will eat them (they not so bright, the cats, not the flowers). Sometimes I make her paper flowers, I'm crafty like that. She appears to like those. They do not die.

Can't tell you guys what I got.....really.....not kiddin.....can't tell...... :coolsmirk: :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
Can't tell you guys what I got.....really.....not kiddin.....can't tell...... :coolsmirk: :lol:

is that cuz you dont really know what it is?? if that be the case, post a pic, and i'll identify it for you. I think its an antique wine corker. If its brass and has a weird lever on it, then thats what it is. could also be a glass harmonium...if its a series of glass discs set side by side that spin, then thats what it is. Man, I'm good at this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.