hampton hi300 smokes inside after cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ap742

Nov 17, 2016
Ap742
Okay what did I do ? .
So I got hampton hi300
I got two pipes on top roof one was dirty so that's the one I brushed all the way down
Cleaned everything from inside stove.
Go fire it up and smokes from underneath and behind . Demper open . Pulled out .
Door seal is good. . Did I not clean it right and f.ed something up ? Nothing stuck in pipe it got mash all around it. [emoji36] please help before I rip that thing out.

BTW it's installed last year and only used one season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fod01
Is the draft going in the right direction? You might have to crack open a window and/or burn a couple pieces of newspaper.

Do you have the two baffle pieces in the proper position?

I don't think air going right way . Demper pulled out/ open cracked door smoke builds up.

Read the manual. You can pull the 2 piece baffle out without remove a tube. Hopefully you didn't break it when you brushed from above. The manual also says how to position the baffle pieces: I know you want them as far back as possible and I think they have to go as wide as possible while still overlapping of course.
First check this stuff.
Then you can put your hand at the top and see if you can feel cool air. Then, after you'd checked out the stuff above, crack open a window and light several crumpled sheets of newspaper to get the fire going and use a piece of firestarter to get the wood to start burning.

hampton hi300 smokes inside after cleaning

So maybe I was confused what baffle is. I did remove the puzzle thing without removing these

Yes they are .in exact same spot as they did before I removed them

Only logical explanation is something is blocking exhaust. But I had brush all the way through I could see brush on top of tubes .

Can you feel cool air when you put your hand over the baffle? That means you have a downdraft.

Well first off clean the stuff of the top of the stove and figure out how it got there and fix that.

Only logical explanation is something is blocking exhaust. But I had brush all the way through I could see brush on top of tubes .
Or you have negative pressure in the house or you simply have a cold chimney which is causing a reversed draft. Or any other number of issues.

hampton hi300 smokes inside after cleaning check this out . So I used vaporizer to blow bunch of vapes inside and it's standing there something got to be blocking pipe

Yes I can
Then your flue is not blocked you have a reverse draft either from negative pressure or a cold chimney.

heck this out . So I used vaporizer to blow bunch of vapes inside and it's standing there something got to be blocking pipe
And take the fireplace grate out of there it does not belong in a stove and it will seriously hurt performance.

I always get a down draft whenever things get stone cold.
When I start a fire, I stack the wood pieces in the stove, put a piece of fire starter at the bottom, put some crumpled up pieces of newspapers in there, open the air rod all the way, crack open a window, light the piece of fire starter, light the newspaper, close door but keep it cracked open, and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.