Had to stop for a pic of this setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
This is on the way to my parents house. I noticed it last winter but my dad said it's been like this for 4-5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it may be an install in progress. No staining on the liner says it's new. They may be shy a part and waiting for it.

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Looks like it may be an install in progress. No staining on the liner says it's new. They may be shy a part and waiting for it.
It's been like that for years.

Yall went by my house and took that pic?. That's how mine was for 2 days during my install lol

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Don't folks use these liners for gas or even oil appliances. Maybe it's not wood.

Reactions: bholler
The photo isn't good enough to tell, but either there is a tree branch that just happens to be perfectly parallel to the flue pipe, OR- (and this is what I keep seeing) that is a piece of single wall 26 gauge HVAC duct that isn't clipped together at the seam, and when the cap caught the wind and blew away, it bent the duct over.

Since the "tree branch" abruptly ends right at the top of the ductwork, I vote for option #2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the jokes start, let's all take a moment to recognize that stove erectile dysfunction can be extremely embarrassing and difficult for its sufferers; please treat them with compassion.
Tell your doctor If you experience prolonged (more than 4 hours, in this case, 4 yrs!!!) or painful stove erection, lol

Reactions: KimiBwoah
It's on my honey-do list.

Reactions: tarzan
When I was installing mine, it started to rain so I had to stop halfway. Popped the cap on top so rain didn't get in. Took 3 days to get back to it before I finished. I'm sure the neighbors were like Whaaaaa?

All good now though lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squisher