greene team platinum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phile

Aug 11, 2018
northwest ohio
hey everybody, new this year to pellet stoves. I'm waiting on an enviro M55 this week (excited) and my local lowes has a sale on GTP's for 2.84 a bag that's 142 bucks a ton. the newest reviews I've seen are from around 2015. any recent reviews out there? I'm thinking that would be a steal. I know the buy a bag first but I will be mixing 50/50 corn/pellet mix and thinking about that screener idea. thanks and see ya.

At 142 a ton I would be stocking up. They always burned decent for me

good pellets ... lowes here in the hudson valley charging 6.29 a bag ... stock up while you can

I bought 3 bags today. I've never tried this brand but always read good things about Greene Team. I paid $6.19 a bag.

I have been using Green Team pellets for years. I have tried Cheat River pellets but they are not in the same league. I have heard a lot of comments about soft wood pellets. What is the deal?

soft wood pellets are harder to find east of the rockies ... awf had some at TSC a few years ago .. some complained about greasy soot, others liked the high heat they put out ( I was one of the latter) haven't seen softwood here in NY since then

Bought 8 bags of GTP at a local Lowes, less ash my ass, just buring 12 hours my ash is piled up in my Whit 4" high, green supremes are by far the hottest, best pellets form a box store, I'm thinking of returning them $6.29 a bag my ash