Green Mountain Parts Diagram

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tabner

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2019
Eastern CT
@cabinwarmer @Nigel459 Just thought i'd share this in case it's useful for anyone. The Parts Diagram is not available online yet because the stove is so new. But I emailed Tech and got a copy. I've been quite interested in determining if we have the unregulated "EPA" air hole which a lot of people complain about on their certified stoves. Not sure about you two, but when i look underneath my stove and adjust the air intake, i can't see anything. Can't tell how big the intake hole is, where it is, or how far it closes. it's just sheet metal (i attached a photo).
Look at part 38 on the diagram..."LPAO"...looks like that's essentially an unregulated 'boost' hole? Green Mountain Parts Diagram

Attachments

• GM60 8660 Illustrated Parts List.pdf
    476.2 KB · Views: 152
LPAO=Lower primary air hole. Not sure if it is unregulated or not.

This is helpful, maybe not now but in the future as we need part info. I do not see anything either when opening and closing the primary. It is hidden inside of the unit. Same as yours.

Reactions: tabner
Thanks for sharing that diagram. It shows the relatively simple design of these stoves.

Regarding air pathways:

Yes, the "lower primary air outlet" is a standard "doghouse" air site at the bottom front of the firebox. This and the standard airwash are the two sources of primary air on our stoves. These primary air sites are regulated by the main stove air control. In your photo it is closed all the way. Looks the same as mine, with a slot cut in it (you can barely see in your photo) that always allows a bit of air through.

The secondary air is indeed unregulated. It is collected through the same hole in the bottom shroud (which is sealed to my stove with silicone...) but this air bypasses the primary air control and path and is introduced directly in the rear top of the firebox via the manifold full of holes.

So in effect our stoves do have an "epa hole" but it's more like a "slot"; and the secondary air is indeed unregulated. Which is why, in my opinion, this stove is like many non-cats and is very draft sensitive. Too much draft and they take right off.

All air comes through that single port though and the pathways are sealed... soooo "experimenting" would be pretty easy.....

This is helpful, maybe not now but in the future as we need part info. I do not see anything either when opening and closing the primary. It is hidden inside of the unit. Same as yours.
Really? It looks identical to mine. Also looks the same on the diagram. When I open and close you can see there's a plate that slides over the primary air inlet.

I am slowly learning the stove a bit more. The secondary burn is exactly what takes off if left on its own. I seem to see it really get a hold during the top down burn when lighting. I have to close down the main earlier then I would have thought. No big deal, just have to watch a bit. When adding wood to hot coals, I close down the main shortly after the splits catch a constant fire. My secondaries come in to action around 400f flue temp. Outside of these two times, I am running the main air at 15-20% open, that is it. It settles in nicely, but flue temp can easily rise 75-100 degrees after closing the main all the way, until the splits settle and cruise along.