Great forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackdog

Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2008
Tabernash, CO
I just discovered this forum recently while looking for info on my stove. I have been using a Reliant Industries Tempest stove that I purchased used in 1997. It is a dinosaur, compared to what most of you are using. It has and still is serving me well, but I am afraid it will not last many more years. It is great to be able to read about other people's experiences with the newer stoves. My stove does not have a self-igniter, so I use a UPS to get me through the power dips that used to raise havoc with the stove. It is not much fun, waking up with the outside temperature below zero and the stove is just circulating air and blowing out the exhaust because the power dipped enough to shut off the auger but then came back on and the blower continues to run. Haven't had the problem since I hooked up the UPS. We recently had a power outage that lasted three hours. I shut the stove down and the UPS was able to operate through the 20 minute cool-down cycle.

I am glad the UPS is working for you!

And welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.