Great burn in cold weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
Dry wood and cold windy nights make for a great burn I like watching the blue and purple flames dance.
Great burn in cold weather

What's your temp? We're at 12 down to 6 last night, it is easier to burn when cold that's for sure.

Dry wood and cold windy nights make for a great burn I like watching the blue and purple flames dance.
Your username says it all. ;)
I won't mind a bit, this stretch of upper 40s coming. Time to get back outside and do some work..wood and other stuff. >>

What's your temp? We're at 12 down to 6 last night, it is easier to burn when cold that's for sure.
The official low was 8. It was very windy.

Yah those purple and blue flames are mesmerizing for sure...

I love watching thye stove when conditions are just right, the wood is primo and you load is right, nothing better than having aa bourbon and watching that fire.

I love watching thye stove when conditions are just right, the wood is primo and you load is right, nothing better than having aa bourbon and watching that fire.
"aa bourbon," is that a bourbon, the a-nother? Your typing would seem to indicate that. ;)

It's 60 degrees here, no fire to enjoy. I had a bourbon anyway. ==c

Those blues, purples and even a green are magic. Add a teapot to the stove and heat some water for a tody for me a hot chocolate for the wife. Life is good!