Gotta another question for y'all knowledgeable guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
got an older elec MOWER. mower that takes 24 volts battery. now the newer mowers are 36 volts..
So can I charge the older 24 volt battery with the newer 36 volt charger? will it hurt the expensive batteries?
cause I can buy another used mower same brand that requires s the 36 volt battery with the charger...
As long as its 1000 amp output? correct? Is that what is the criteria? or will a 36 volt charger arm my newer MOWER 24 volt battery
y'all know how I like to use what I got plus have backup??? hard headed woman here
Thanks geniuses

only way it will work is if the charger has detectable voltage cut off so it knows the difference between a 24 and 36v battery. Other wise it will be trying to charge your 24v to 36 volts and that never ends well.. You can get batteries and chargers cheap on ebay and amazon

usually the battery won't fit or there are alignment pins to identify the battery by the charger which will adjust for the older battery
Such is usually stated in the manual.

My best advice would be to call the technical department of the mower or battery manufacturer and ask them. Not customer service mind you Technical support.

if the plug fits or you change to fit it the charger will try to get the battery to 36 volt and dry up your battery then start to boil it to explosion