Going through a wall with close quarters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fireseeker

Nov 9, 2020
Hamtramck, MI
Howdy!

Aside from trying to decipher my local building code, any ideas if I am able to install a wood stove through my brick wall if my neighbor’s house is only 6 feet away?

And if that’s possible, is there a preferred size/design for such close quarters?

Thanks!

Howdy!

Aside from trying to decipher my local building code, any ideas if I am able to install a wood stove through my brick wall if my neighbor’s house is only 6 feet away?

And if that’s possible, is there a preferred size/design for such close quarters?

Thanks!
Nothing in building or fire code preventing it. Where you may run into issues it with local regs and setbacks.

Something to keep in mind shown below.

Going through a wall with close quarters