Godin Fonteval Wood Burner Glass Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cshanty

Dec 6, 2022
France
The glass on our Godin Fonteval wood burner cracked yesterday, I would like to change it, but cannot remove the door to make it easier. Is it possible to lift the door off on this model of wood burner to facilitate changing the glass?

If you open the door & swing it out towards you, it should lift right off the hinges.
If it doesn't, you make have to tap the hinge pins upward to release them from the
stove body. This may allow the door to drop, so be prepared for that. You might
want to have a helper...

If you open the door & swing it out towards you, it should lift right off the hinges.
If it doesn't, you make have to tap the hinge pins upward to release them from the
stove body. This may allow the door to drop, so be prepared for that. You might
want to have a helper...
I am enclosing a photo of the bottom of the hinge. It looks like a locking washer on the hinge that I just need to take off and the door should come off. What do you think?

Thanks for your help

Godin Fonteval Wood Burner Glass Removal

Yep. That should do it. If you drive the hinge pin upwards with
a drift punch, that Belleville washer should be dislodged.