Q&A Glass was shattered on FMI Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Glass was shattered on FMI FireplaceI bought a house with a gas fireplace that had a permanent glass front. This glass was shattered and after having someone come look to replace it they said I need the Manufacturer and model number. However the dog tags with this information is missing from under the fireplace. They said they can't order new glass without this information.

(1) Is there anywhere else on the fireplace where that information might be kept. I have looked everywhere. I think it is a FMI fireplace but I don't know the model number.

(2) Do you have to have a glass front on these fireplaces, and if so why?

I really appreciate if you could have someone answer these questions. No one I call can help me!

Answer:

First, you should have the glass front replaced if it came that way----it was tested and approved in that configuration. Second, you can get in touch with FMI a number of ways.

Address: Fireplace Manufacturers Inc. 2701 South Harbor Blvd. Santa Ana, CA 92704 (800) 888-2050

Email: [email protected]

Web Site: http://www.fmionline.com

Be prepared ahead of time. Measure the fireplace opening, width & height. Measure the firebox depth if possible. Take a picture & have someone scan it in if possible. Any names on the valve? Write it down.

It's a start. Good luck.

Link: FMI Fireplaces

Status
Not open for further replies.