Getting ready yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tbear853

Feeling the Heat
Well, it was still summer just last week (or so it seamed), but now it's cooled off a bunch. Got 42 bags of hot ones out there, gonna order 100 more (2 tons) this week from Co-Op and let them deliver for $10 a ton, and they'll even stack it nicely after backing FB truck under carport. Should get me into 2020 at least. New flue is up, clean, ready. Just need to maybe pull stove out of corner enough to get to blowers to add a drop of lube.

Let's do this!

Been thinking about it. Tying to put the cold out of my mind as long as possible. Lol . Guess I should get to some maintenance though before it gets cold.;sick

Not really "getting ready" although I bought 2 more tons for a total of 3 downstairs (all Hamers) in, hmmm, August? That said, wife wanted a fire last night, I turned it on with pellets left in the stove since May (?!?!?), didn't even clean the glass -- lit off in 6 minutes, which is good for mine. Warm today but I think we'll have evening fires Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week.

Already been heating the past week with the pellet stove. Got 3 tons a few weeks ago. Got a feeling this winter may be a tough one. Going to need more pellets sounds like going to need a larger boat.

So far so good here in the Philly area. in the mid-forties or so at night. Another week or 2 and its all pellets on deck.

Reactions: jackhammer
Have close to 6 tons which should get me thur, or close to thru the season. Been burning the P43 on and off for a month now. It is on a thermostat set at 68*, so it just does its thing when needed, as long as I keep it fed.

Burned the P61a a couple of times. Have that stove on a stat too, but that one is set at 65* for now. The basement keeps itself at a more stable temp until it is cold thru several days. Later in the season that stat will be set at 68* also.

Damn three weeks ago we were running the air conditioning. Last couple of weeks it's been windows open at night.

Damn three weeks ago we were running the air conditioning. Last couple of weeks it's been windows open at night.
I pulled the fuse, cleaned out the leaves, put mothballs around it and covered it up yesterday! Fall is here!

Reactions: Tonyray
Been running for about two weeks. Stove is on a t-stat so on warm days it just sits there but on cool nights keeps the wife and me really toasty. Had four tons of Hamers delivered about six weeks ago. They're all in the garage just ready to serve.

Just performed my yearly deep clean, pulled out and cleaned all fans, brushed out the inside, brushed out the vent pipe and even brushed out the 25 foot 6" chimney for the first time in 5 years, only left with a small bag of ash after all that, gotta love these clean burning pellet stoves! Now I'm just waiting for the temps to drop.....

Got my 4 tons delivered a month ago and stacked into the garage. I typically go through 3 or maybe 3.5 ton but like to have an extra on hand because you never know how long or how bad the winter will be. And by then the pellets are usually rationed. This is the 3rd night I've run the stove this season. It's just me so I don't really have to keep it that warm in here all the time.