Getting closer to having Regency ci2600 installed- Roxul? block off plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale

Mar 8, 2016
New York
I have finally found a dealer who will install this stove for me. They even gave me an option for the insulated liner. I point this out because damn near every dealer and chimney sweep has told me that it is unnecessary. However, when I asked about the block off plate, he said it was not needed as he will be stuffing Roxul around the flue where the firebox ends. So, is Roxul stuffing sufficient? Is this the product that should be used? Do you still feel the insulated liner is necessary? It is $635 for a 6 inch liner and $1425 for the insulated liner. Also, I remember one installer saying that the chimney gets a little tight at one point and may have to ovalize the pipe. That makes me nervous about the insulated pipe fitting at all. Thoughts? Thanks.

You won't regret an insulated liner. Roxul is good and If he's stuffing up around the smoke shelf etc your halfway home. If it was me I'd pre-fit a block-off plate now but don't cut the hole. Once they're done insulating it would only take a couple minutes to cut the hole and fasten in the plate then they can finish up.

You won't regret an insulated liner. Roxul is good and If he's stuffing up around the smoke shelf etc your halfway home. If it was me I'd pre-fit a block-off plate now but don't cut the hole. Once they're done insulating it would only take a couple minutes to cut the hole and fasten in the plate then they can finish up.
I recently had a Regency I1200 professionally installed. The installers used name brand ROXUL[emoji769] ( safe and sound) Around the top of the fireplace and at the top of the chimney

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.