Gasket door replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

koodjack

Jan 25, 2012
nh
Good Morning, my Woodstove door gaske is coming off, is there a particular glue or cement I should use? Thankyou for your recommendation

Rutland stove gasket cement will work or their RTV adhesive. Many stove companies have switched to black RTV for this purpose.

How old is the stove door gasket? If it is no longer sealing well this is a good time to replace it.

Reactions: brickie
It will be 10 years since I installed it! Thank you Begreen! You’ve been answering my question for the last 10years also really appreciate you! I think I saw your youtube video also

Reactions: brickie
After 10 years it definitely is ready to be replaced. Use the manufacturer's OEM door gasket if possible.