Front draft adjuster on a Winslow PS40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

klrfishing

Nov 22, 2020
Washington, USA
Hello, I'm setting up a used Winslow PS40. It's working aside from needing to buy the outlet venting, a convection switch, and fresh pellets, but I'm curious about this pull lever on top at the front of the stove in the decorative grates. Is it the draft adjuster? The manual I downloaded says it is in a different spot ("at the left side of the stove directly in front of the combustion blower") but not seeing it there and wanted to double check. I figure it probably is since there are variations in models.

TIA!

damper.jpg

Last edited:
That is your heat exchanger cleaning rod, it has plates that when pulled clean debris off the heat exchanger tubes. The damper control rod will be located on the side (if it has one) in line with the air intake tube.

The damper adjustment is towards the front of the stove behind the left door. My vacuum tube was sitting right in front of the allen head that you loosen to move it. Moving it towards the center of the stove closes it. Pulling towards the door opens it.