From the polka to a slow waltz...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MagdalenaP

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2018
Tilbury, ON
...is how the flames went!

Friendly reminder: Do the dollar bill test, and get those doors sealed...what a difference! !!!I knew the gasket wasn't the best, so did the test, changed it out, and what a huge difference. I can see much longer burn times coming up! :)

Reactions: Woody Stover
...is how the flames went!

Friendly reminder: Do the dollar bill test, and get those doors sealed...what a difference! !!!I knew the gasket wasn't the best, so did the test, changed it out, and what a huge difference. I can see much longer burn times coming up! :)
Did you try just adjusting the latch first? I find many here just go straight to replacing the gasket when an adjustment may be all that is needed.

Did you try just adjusting the latch first? I find many here just go straight to replacing the gasket when an adjustment may be all that is needed.

YES! Did not work...well, it sealed a little more, but not fully, still had a large area near the top of the door that wouldn't seal.

Edit to add: I can smell something different, I'm assuming it's either the gasket or the cement...right?

Last edited:
YES! Did not work...well, it sealed a little more, but not fully, still had a large area near the top of the door that wouldn't seal.

Edit to add: I can smell something different, I'm assuming it's either the gasket or the cement...right?
Yes that is probably what you are smelling