...from a local "wood stove for sale" listing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thisoldgoat

Burning Hunk
Dec 26, 2017
Rice County MN
...from a local "wood stove for sale" listing

At least they screwed the pieces together. Wonder what the inside looks like.

Just wow.

Nice work.

Thats my shtf plan at my suburban house. Have a old smoker in the yard we use for outside fires. Keep enough pipe that if I need a wood burner I can run it out the window.

Thats my shtf plan at my suburban house. Have a old smoker in the yard we use for outside fires. Keep enough pipe that if I need a wood burner I can run it out the window.
Then you will have a whole different shtf scenario. Be prepared with an actual safe setup not something that will just make the situation worse

Then you will have a whole different shtf scenario. Be prepared with an actual safe setup not something that will just make the situation worse
But, but, he said "that's my shtf plan".
I.e. that's his plan for when he wants excrement to hit the airmoving appliance...🤪
(sorry, couldn't resist - this thread is about stupidity anyway, so I thought I'd join the club. *NOT* calling mr. Old Greybeard that, only the owner of the pic in the OP, and myself)

What so bad about this the pipe looks solid and insulated and just attached outside and he got it for a good price to make ends meet...Can't one place a pipe outside a building? Writing from ignorance here because I do not know but it looks good to me...clancey

What so bad about this the pipe looks solid and insulated and just attached outside and he got it for a good price to make ends meet...Can't one place a pipe outside a building? Writing from ignorance here because I do not know but it looks good to me...clancey
Black stove pipe outdoors = no.

Black stove pipe with less than 1" to a combustible OSB sheathing = no.

If it's your SHTF scenario for very short-term emergency, we could forgive the former, but not the latter.

Reactions: clancey
No.
That’s a structure fire just begging to kill the occupants waiting to happen.
I saw a similar set up with 8” pipe on a backroad up here in Maine one day a few years back. Side of the 2 story house was just dripping in black goo. My foot was tickling the fan blade or I would have stopped for a picture. Never seen anything remotely like it. Ever.

Reactions: clancey