FPX 44 Door Gasket Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

illini fire

Jan 22, 2020
Illinois
First I'd like to thank all of you for the info you provided in this forum. Very good info on here.

I have had a long journey with several incidents over the last 3 months but I'll try to keep this to relevant info.

Sequence of events:
1. My first set of doors were warrantied on day 1 due to being extremely difficult to close/latch.
2. Second set of doors installed. Noticed damage to the door gasket (picture). Dealer offered to replace gaskets onsite.
3. Installed gaskets looked terrible.
4. Dealer offered to take the doors back to their shop to do a better job.
5. Gaskets looked okay (not great). After low-medium hot fire for 18 hrs they started separating from the door (not sticking to fireplace or door).
6. Dealer is going to take the doors back to their shop for a 3rd attempt to install.

My questions:
1. Anyone have damage like the picture attached from the factory?
My dealer claims this is normal fraying but that damage spans across the joint between the gaskets. In person it look like the gasket was smashed.
2. Anyone have trouble with gaskets NOT sticking to their doors from the factory OR after service replacement?
3. Anyone aware of the factory process for gasket installs? Depending who I talk to at my dealer I get inconsistent answers on whether the factory paint the doors before or after the gasket install. Dealer paints, then installs gasket with epoxy.

FPX 44 Door Gasket Issue