FPX 36 elite zc double door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Leiper

Feb 5, 2020
S-KY
Can I use any flat tape gasket on the double doors of a FPX 36 elite that measures the same as the OEM part # 98500717 ,which is 1/16 x 5/8 in the manual? Where can I get them? One dealers says I need rope gasket which I know is incorrect after the only other dealer sent me a door gasket kit that had been there from 2006 that was dried up and trash. Isthere a good aftermarket one that someone has used? Thanks

Last edited:
I don’t know for sure, I wonder... the 1st one says rated 1800 to 2300 degrees and it can be 1/16” thick which is what I was thinking couldn’t be much thicker because of the door and actual face clearance. Have you seen anyone use this one? The other one pictured with self adhesive is for the glass. Thanks for replying.