FP 30 Arch with Craftsman - Pacific Energy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here is the pic
164de60e2b56626576af9c564b5112da.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know how you like the Craftsman, I just purchased mine and will be getting it installed in a few weeks. One item I noticed though is in your picture it looks like you have built your raised hearth out of wood. I think it is supposed to be non-combustible from the bottom of the fireplace up to 7 inches on the Craftsman.

Should be ok as long as the top surface is non-combustible. A 1/2" layer of cement board under the tile or hearth brick is sufficient.
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 12.09.21 PM.png

Reactions: En Fuego
Have fun!! Not that this will really help you at all but we have used Provia for two projects and have been satisfied. Sandusky Shore color - pretty much neutral. I wish I had a better picture... Let us know what you pick!
upload_2019-3-3_13-18-52.png

Really nice! Are you the one that was asking about the venting warm air out the bottom? If so, what did you come up with?
We did vent the air to the basement. We did utilize both warm air kits for this. We did this based on a previous install as our "fireplace room" would get too hot. That room had 8 foot ceilings. If I had to do our install again I would NOT do the remote heat kits. I now know that our current "fireplace room" with 16 foot ceilings and an open floor plan does not get too hot and does not need the basement heat dumps. Maybe down the road if we finish the basement it will provide additional heat down there, time will tell.

Sorry to sidetrack your thread En Fuego, hopefully you can post some stone samples or something to bring us back on track!

We did vent the air to the basement. We did utilize both warm air kits for this. We did this based on a previous install as our "fireplace room" would get too hot. That room had 8 foot ceilings. If I had to do our install again I would NOT do the remote heat kits. I now know that our current "fireplace room" with 16 foot ceilings and an open floor plan does not get too hot and does not need the basement heat dumps. Maybe down the road if we finish the basement it will provide additional heat down there, time will tell.

Sorry to sidetrack your thread En Fuego, hopefully you can post some stone samples or something to bring us back on track!
No problem! It's great to have this forum to bounce ideas and share progress!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk