Found another beat up gem! Invincible RS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Making the deal right now, I’ve been looking for one to restore! A good friend just bought a place with a wood burning stove and wants a pellet stove as he’s seen mine in action, he’s also a millwright. Here’s the ad, and pics in case he takes it down.

Found another beat up gem! Invincible RS Found another beat up gem! Invincible RS Found another beat up gem! Invincible RS

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Looks to be a good deal. Some scotchbrite and a couple cans of HT flat black (if you can find it) and you'll be in business (I think) in as much as there are no under the panel pictures or interior pictures. Could be a sows ear inside and the drives could be wonky too. I'd want to see it close up and personal first (what I do) before committing. Cosmetics are one thing, mechanicals are another. If someone lets them sit for a period of time in the corner, there could be unseen issues but for 300 clams, you could dump a grand in it and still come out ahead...

Reactions: Washed-Up
Not too worried, I have a buddy where he lives that’s going to make sure everything comes on in test mode.

We should start a restoration club, lol im supposed to pick up an ashley tomorrow .

I’m in!
Ashley for a good price is a good find

Maybe we can 'tickle' one of the moderators to open a restoration sub forum where we can do restorations and then offer them up for sale..

Guess the only issue with that would be transportation. In my case I can secure a unit to a pallet and have a local trucking company pick it up as I happen to own a forklift but for most, it would be a local sale.

I suspect there will be more and more resto units available as people who cannot follow instructions become disenchanted with their purchase as it don't operate correctly.

Not a jab on people in general. In actuality we live in a 'plug and play' society now and none of them qualify as plug and play, well, they are for a short time and then they become a liability because they don't operate as described.

Like the one I purchased that was way beyond a routine cleaning....lol

Most of the ones I look at are 'local pickup only' because the owners haven't a clue about shipping or don't have the stuff to ship one.

You can ship anything via commercial carrier that will fit in a trailer but it must be secured on a skid and wrapped and ship it freight charges collect.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Maybe we can 'tickle' one of the moderators to open a restoration sub forum where we can do restorations and then offer them up for sale..

Guess the only issue with that would be transportation. In my case I can secure a unit to a pallet and have a local trucking company pick it up as I happen to own a forklift but for most, it would be a local sale.

I suspect there will be more and more resto units available as people who cannot follow instructions become disenchanted with their purchase as it don't operate correctly.

Not a jab on people in general. In actuality we live in a 'plug and play' society now and none of them qualify as plug and play, well, they are for a short time and then they become a liability because they don't operate as described.

Like the one I purchased that was way beyond a routine cleaning....lol

Most of the ones I look at are 'local pickup only' because the owners haven't a clue about shipping or don't have the stuff to ship one.

You can ship anything via commercial carrier that will fit in a trailer but it must be secured on a skid and wrapped and ship it freight charges collect.
Plug and play. I know a motorcycle guy like that. He loves riding bikes, but doesn't have a clue about maint or fixing. He didn't even know how to add oil to his last one. Shifter lever broke on him. Mechanic was willing to do the work, but not chase down the parts (older model), so he just bought another motorcycle instead.

Kind of sad we live in a disposable society today. I frequent 2 tractor forums and I find some of the posts almost unbelievable. People buy a used tractor with no documentation or even a new one with documentation and never bother reading any of it. The they go use it and something happens (usually bad) and then they post a question when in reality the answer is in the documentation.

Tractor manuals for 90% of older ones are online. All they have to do is download a PDF.

I quit replying to them. Like a broken record.

One of my favorites is, the engine locked up and my reply is... Did you ever bother to check the oil and the usual reply is, 'You can check it"...duh.

Side car Flip I do not think that is a good idea fixing and selling on this forum--gosh I imagine enough to do just to keep it running when a lot of the other forums are caput...old clancey