Found a nice Jotul 3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

edinct

Hearth Supporter
Apr 9, 2009
n.e. connecticut
I was looking at new stoves at the local shop and liked the looks of the Jotul 3 for our small ranch, it will be sitting in front of the current fireplace. We have been using the fireplace for a few weeks and as much as I love the crackle and view all I see is my wood pile getting smaller and $$ going up the chimney, but my wife relly enjoys it. So I found an ad for a jotul 3 that has never been used, it is a 2006 and they bought it from the same place I was just looking at the new ones. Well I went to check it out and score, its a brand new 2006 stove that has never even had a match lit in it. I got it for half the cost of a new one. I will be getting it installed in a couple more weeks, just saving for the chimney liner and install cost. I cant wait to finally feel the warmth from a stove again. I will post pics when its up and running.

sounds like quite the deal, a little bit odd its never been used even once.

I was pretty skepticle at first, but I really inspected that stove inside and out with flashlight looking over every inch. It was clean, except for some dust and very minor surface rust spot here and there. They were a young couple who bought the stove when building thier house and ran out of funds for the fireplace and full exterior chimney and just had it sitting in a room as decoration for the last few years.

Nice score!

I was looking at new stoves at the local shop and liked the looks of the Jotul 3 for our small ranch, it will be sitting in front of the current fireplace. We have been using the fireplace for a few weeks and as much as I love the crackle and view all I see is my wood pile getting smaller and $$ going up the chimney, but my wife relly enjoys it. So I found an ad for a jotul 3 that has never been used, it is a 2006 and they bought it from the same place I was just looking at the new ones. Well I went to check it out and score, its a brand new 2006 stove that has never even had a match lit in it. I got it for half the cost of a new one. I will be getting it installed in a couple more weeks, just saving for the chimney liner and install cost. I cant wait to finally feel the warmth from a stove again. I will post pics when its up and running.

Nice stove at a nicer price. We have the Jotul 3 in our ranch. Sits in the family room which is open to the kitchen. Piped out the back and straight up through the ceiling, crawl space and out. Great drafting and never a problem with pipe buildup. It is a very small firebox so it does require frequent feeding on cold days such as we are currently experiencing. No problem keeping hot coals overnight for morning rekindling if you pack it well before bedtime. It does consume a goodly amount of wood. We average about 3.5 cord per season over the 20+ years we've had the stove. Could probably do better on wood and heat with a modern cat stove, but we have had such good results and enjoyed the stove so much I wouldn't want to take it out. Enjoy your new stove and stock up on seasoned wood.