For those that need a good laugh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Wow! I'm speechless except to say I don't see that working in my living room!!! LOL!

Reactions: JimBear
4,500 euros=$7,000 CDN. I think I'll stick with my wood stove....not sure how I would get entire tree trunks in the house either...lol

That one seems to come around annually. It's been out for about 4 yrs now. Basically it's a barrel stove with an iris diaphragm opening. According to the designer it heats well, though I suspect it would take a full box of super cedars to get going. I like the log rack required for the stove.

Reactions: bfitz3
The stove is innovative, but I'd never be able to leave it unattended. It kind of looks like a fuse on a big firecracker, and I'd never get past the thought that the fire is gonna crawl out of the stove...

The intolerance bit is a line from a movie - I can't remember which one.

4,500 euros=$7,000 CDN. I think I'll stick with my wood stove
It's not just a stove. It's art. Think of it as a 2:1 deal - a bargain.
Different logistics on 'bringing wood into the house'. With short stuff you don't need to worry about getting wood past the tight corners.

I know from experience the Dutch are very innovative.
If you think the Dutch are innovative, you should see the Scandinavians.

My favorite Dutch innovations: Going Dutch, Dutch ovens (personal favorite), capitalism, bubbles (tulips), two names for the same country, double Dutch.

If you think the Dutch are innovative, you should see the Scandinavians.

My favorite Dutch innovations: Going Dutch, Dutch ovens (personal favorite), capitalism, bubbles (tulips), two names for the same country, double Dutch.

Dutch Rub. ;lol