For Those Of You Nervous About The Quality Of Pennington Pellets, They Be OK Nowdays

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drizler

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Chazy, NY 12921
I am sure most of you have heard of the debacle last season with Pennington pellets and their piss poor quality control at the time. Well I bought 3 tons of them this last Summer from Sams Club. I just started burning some the other night and have to say that they seem like decent pellets. The ash may be a bit thicker and greyer than some of the finest but the Penningtons burn fine both on high and low settings. From what I hear this years are all date stamped and mine were made in late July 08. Anyways they work fine for me and I thought I should pass it on since Pennington sure got a pile of bad press last year. It seems like they fixed their problem. At $192 / ton on Aug 3 the price was definitely nice too.

I bought 2 tons from my stove dealer. They are Pennington, labeled as premium hardwood. These seem to burn/heat very well. Also bought a dozen or so bags at wally mart. These penningtons are labeled as premium wood pellets. Both seem to look the same. I just loaded up a bag of these into hopper, and haven't tried them out yey. Are they the same wood? They don't seem to look that different. Just wondering.

Darned if I know what the difference between them is. Mine are the HARDWOOD pellets. Hear that, HARDWOOD, with all the OHHH and AHHHHH and the trumpet fanfare that goes with it. Still though at the end of the day me thinks it isn't going to make any difference. Just like the airplane saying, "if it looks good it will fly good" the same holds true with pellets and corn. If the fire is lively and clear it is going to be just fine. Besides these Countrysides seem to be able to munch through about anything with little difficulty if you give them a litle "tweaking" when they need it. If you ever need to troubleshoot that puppy sail on over to the iburncorn.com in the stove stove specific form. Some of those guys have like myself "hot rodded' hell out of their stoves and really know how to fix em.
Now repeat after me; "HARDWOOD", ohhh so sexy....................................

Status
Not open for further replies.