? for the econoburn guys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

taylorfarms

Aug 1, 2015
new boston, il
Well, I finally got the shed buttoned up and the boiler in, we are going to dig in the underground lines in the morning.

Until we get out storage up and going (tanks are here, but need fittings, supports etc) and working 10 and 12 hour days now that is on the back burner. I am just plumbing the boiler the way econoburn says to (pumped loop)

when the house is not calling for heat (load circ not running) do I need to set up a relay to run the boiler loop?
or does the 200 have a 24v call for heat terminal that I am not bright enough to see?

the overtemp relay energizes a 24V transformer that goes back to the zone controller in the house that turns on all the circulators (and the load circulator) to dump excess heat. but I would rather not rely on that.

if I have to run the load pump all the time the wife is going to get mad quick, the kitchen is the zone with the least head and it will get hot.

thanks in advance.

If you call or email Econoburn they will be able to set you straight . They are great people and go out of their way to help.

Reactions: salecker and Sparky