Flame int'l diplomat FL-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ZackNB85

Nov 21, 2019
Canada
Hey guys. New in here and have been hitting dead end after dead end with my wood stove in the basement. Long story short, bought the house 5 years ago. Had a couple of fires In it the first year and then i ended with my stove pipe on fire (brand new pipe).. had this happen twice and stopped using it.

Nevertheless with cold canadian winters I'd love to be using it in my basement but I'm weary of it even after thinking of a few issues I could solve myself.

I feel like the stove is missing a proper baffle to keep the flame from going into the stove pipe. I'm hoping someone here has the same stove and could snap a picture of the inside of it for me. Would be greatly appreciated!