Fix Regency insert now or wait until the end of the season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hilly

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 28, 2006
Vancouver Island, Canada
Hello,
I've got a Regency i2400 and it's eight or ten years old. It's has been fantastic but I just noticed that one of the burn tubes is sagging. Should I replace it before burning season really begins or can it wait until spring? Also, if I'm replacing one, should I replace all of them? Thanks!
Fix Regency insert now or wait until the end of the season?

I'd replace the front two, they look the worst

Replace them all under warranty

Reactions: moresnow
Thanks for your help! I’ll make a call this morning. With the age of the stove I didn’t even consider warranty.
Is it likely to be an easy job?

Thanks for your help! I’ll make a call this morning. With the age of the stove I didn’t even consider warranty.
Is it likely to be an easy job?
Yes very easy. And as long as your ul tag behind the blower is still legible it should be covered

• Love
Reactions: Dix
Update! Yesterday, I called the store and they said as long as I had my receipt I should be good to go. Since I bought the stove more than 15 years ago and my paperwork is more bin than file, that was going to be a challenge. Right before I began my search the stove shop called and they found a copy of my receipt!

I went and picked up two burn tubes (along with a photo copy of my receipt) and had them installed in just a few minutes. I am very impressed with the warranty response from both Regency and my stove shop.

(For anybody reading this and wanting a "how to" I put vice grips on the burn-tubes and hit them reasonably hard from right to left to remove. Inserting was the same but hitting from left to right.)

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Reactions: bholler