fiskars x27 . . . believe the hype

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Craftsman hand tools used to be high quality even if they could be a little clunky. No more.

Craftsman has been around since 1927, but they have never made a tool....

Whoever made the tools in 1977 seemed to do a good job. But, as the article states - different tools were made by different companies.
And, a tool in made years ago is likely made by a different manufacturer today. Interesting there are that many variables - the specific tool
and/or it's manufactured date. I believe it could be the same situation with lawn tractors. My Sears model is very similar to an MTD, and a Murray... maybe even a Husky. I've heard there's just a few manufacturers out there - at least for the more basic lower cost tractors like mine

So much for Sears staying around this neck of the woods. About a month or so ago the only one in this area began closing sales.

I have a GB and a Fiskars...guess which one is my go to.