Fisher Woodstove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Gerber

Sep 18, 2024
Maine
[Hearth.com] Fisher Woodstove insert[Hearth.com] Fisher Woodstove insert[Hearth.com] Fisher Woodstove insert[Hearth.com] Fisher Woodstove insertQuestion: i am installing a Fisher woodstove insert and noticed it only has height adjustments on the back. Are these inserts designed to be installed so the bottom of woodstove is lying flat on the floor? Or is it good/ok to lift it up a little? I know there is cold air intake on the bottom front of the stove that wraps around to a hot air radiation on the top. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
Question: i am installing a Fisher woodstove insert and noticed it only has height adjustments on the back. Are these inserts designed to be installed so the bottom of woodstove is lying flat on the floor? Or is it good/ok to lift it up a little? I know there is cold air intake on the bottom front of the stove that wraps around to a hot air radiation on the top. Appreciate it.

View attachment 329838

View attachment 329839

View attachment 329840

View attachment 329841
The whole thing could be raised yes you will want a filler panel under it as well. And you are planning on a full insulated 8" liner right?

The whole thing could be raised yes you will want a filler panel under it as well. And you are planning on a full insulated 8" liner right?
I have to do a 6in insulated liner. The opening where the flue was coming out of the fireplace is 7in...filler panel under it? I have the 3 panels to go on sides and top

That stove requires 8? What size are the clay tiles in the fireplace flue? If it just the damper area that's to small make it bigger.

And yes if you raise the whole thing up you will have a gap under the stove and will want to fill that area with a metal filler strip

Good information, thank you...If I go with a 8 I have to bust out brick. I am gonna do a 6in insulated 316Ti liner. Use a reducer from 8 to 6 coming off the stove

[Hearth.com] Fisher Woodstove insert

Good information, thank you...If I go with a 8 I have to bust out brick. I am gonna do a 6in insulated 316Ti liner. Use a reducer from 8 to 6 coming off the stove

View attachment 329846
Your going to have to remove brick for a 6" liner as well. You don't need 316. Buy a thicker liner in the cheaper 304 alloy it will hold up much better. How tall is the chimney?

Your going to have to remove brick for a 6" liner as well. You don't need 316. Buy a thicker liner in the cheaper 304 alloy it will hold up much better. How tall is the chimney?
Why would I have to remove brick for a 6in liner? I could always remove the insulated layer where it comes through the flue if needed. It's around 15ft from stove. Little shorter. Already ordered liner today. Suppose to be here on Friday. Gonna have to make it work.

Why would I have to remove brick for a 6in liner? I could always remove the insulated layer where it comes through the flue if needed. It's around 15ft from stove. Little shorter. Already ordered liner today. Suppose to be here on Friday. Gonna have to make it work.
Less than 15' on a 2" reduced liner? Good luck with that. And your going to have to remove atleast the damper frame and probably brick to get the liner to line up without kinking it especially since it's light wall. Larger od and easier to kink or tear on the old damper frame. I typically install 50 to 70 liners a year btw.

Less than 15' on a 2" reduced liner? Good luck with that. And your going to have to remove atleast the damper frame and probably brick to get the liner to line up without kinking it especially since it's light wall. Larger od and easier to kink or tear on the old damper frame. I typically install 50 to 70 liners a year btw.
Should I have went with a 8in non-insulated liner and removed some brick?

Should I have went with a 8in non-insulated liner and removed some brick?
No 8" insulated. 7" is the minimum I use on stoves like that and absolutely always insulated.

How thick is the insulation and metal beyond the 8in?
The insulation is 1/2" which makes for a 9" diameter pipe+insulation. What is the clay tile liner size in the chimney?

How thick is the insulation and metal beyond the 8in?
If using light wall liner it adds about 3/8" to the od of the liner. Then 1/2" insulation so another inch minimum. But in reality it's at least an inch and an eighth if not a quarter. For light wall I usually figure add 1.5" heavywall or midweight 1.25"