Fisher Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

loggy

Aug 18, 2019
looking for the brick layout for what I think is a grandapa model, by the number of bricks on the back row, also don't understand the back port, the stack comes out the top but there is another one in the back with a box built inside, I have owned three fishers and none had that, thanks for any help

Search the word barometric stove.
The rear "outlet" has a box inside that becomes a chimney inlet for the installation of a barometric damper. Cap it for wood use.
I need to know which model Grandpa (I, II, III) for firebrick layout. Does the stove have angle iron corners? If not, it is in the III manual.

A few pictures will greatly help identify your stove.

Thank you so much, I've tried to send pictures but can't get them to load. Do I need the gasket that goes around the doors, I have never used one,but this stove apparently had one at one time

The fisher stoves were designed to not need a door gasket. Maybe the previous owner installed a gasket for a reason or maybe they did because they didn’t know any better. I guess you’ll have to run it and see if it’s needed for your stove.

Welcome to the forum! Attaching pictures is easy, and can be done directly from your phone or computer, without using apps or photo sharing programs.

Just click on the photo icon to the right of the smiley face icon above, then click on "Upload a File". Or, just click below on "Upload a File". Select the file from your phone or computer and click on "Thumbnail" or "Full Image". Be sure to hit the enter or return button before you attach the picture so that it is aligned to the left edge of the page.

Glass door stoves use gasket material.
If it has solid cast iron doors; To get the door to seal properly you may have to remove any remaining gasket cement with a wire wheel. It should be clean metal to metal contact only.

If you can send pics to [email protected] I can let you know what you have and post pictures here.