Fisher info needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Krynn22

Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but idk where to begin lol...

Can anyone give me some info?? Please and thanks

IMG_20190904_222928.jpg IMG_20190904_222916.jpg IMG_20190904_223012.jpg IMG_20190904_222958.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd67
That looks to be in quite nice condition. Has it been refurbished?

The stove is not connected. What do you want to know?

The stove is not connected. What do you want to know?
We're trying to identify it so we can properly install it for a WETT cert. We were told there should be a stamp of sorts for installation on the back but I'm assuming as it's older it doesn't have one.

I'm guessing it's a grandma bear, but coaly is the resident Fisher expert.

It would be a Grandma III. Originally had an integrated shield on the back with a large tag as shown below.
If there is no tag, it is no longer "Listed" which is a requirement for WETT certification. This model began in 1980 and the older style before that had no tag. Most fabricators made the old style which had angle iron corners and no rear shield built in and was never "Listed" so that type would not pass WETT.

3 Bear Stove Tag WA.jpg GM III CO. CL rear.jpg GM III NEW CA 3-16 tag.jpg

Reactions: Krynn22
It would be a Grandma III. Originally had an integrated shield on the back with a large tag as shown below.
If there is no tag, it is no longer "Listed" which is a requirement for WETT certification. This model began in 1980 and the older style before that had no tag. Most fabricators made the old style which had angle iron corners and no rear shield built in and was never "Listed" so that type would not pass WETT.

View attachment 247237 View attachment 247238 View attachment 247239
Is there anyway that we would be able to get it wett certifiable?

Probably not, unless there is an exception for uncertified stoves. I think to qualify the stove should always have a manufacturer’s label clearly showing that the appliance is certified to Canadian standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krynn22
Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for Fisher Stove information. Best of luck with your stove!