First Fire Tonight?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Goin' down to 10C tonight (50F) and rainy and wet outside. Feels sorta like a fall day. Wife and I are debating whether or not to spark up the insert later on. It's border line, but I know I'll be P.O.'d when the furnace kicks in at about 3 A.M.
On the other hand, if I light the Summit we'll have to open the windows and lay on top of the covers tonight.
Decisions, decisions.

I left the windows open yesterday morning before leaving for work, when I returned this morning the house was 61 deg. Briefly though about lighting a fire......very briefly.

PS. Windows are open because the dog pissed of a skunk

senorFrog said:
I'm so glad I don't live that far north.

I think I am glad I don't have a dog.

LOL, I'm glad we don't have skunks.

Gunner,

Mine did that once. There is stuff that you can bath them in to get the smell off. I don't know if walmart will have it but any good hunting store does. The poor guy still smelled after the bath but only if you got real close to him. Don't worry, they will only do it once.

karl said:
Gunner,

Mine did that once. There is stuff that you can bath them in to get the smell off. I don't know if walmart will have it but any good hunting store does. The poor guy still smelled after the bath but only if you got real close to him. Don't worry, they will only do it once.

Not always true. A friend's black lab has been sprayed 5 different times. The dog is not agressive . . .I think he wanted the skunk as a playmate. Too bad the skunk didn't get the memo.

We LOVE this weather here in New England. Mid-50's at night....certainly beats mid-70's for sleeping weather. Daytime temps mid-70's to 80......wow, this is perfect. Our friends who visit from back in NJ get all bundled up, but we relish not having to use the AC.

Welcome to NW summers Craig, minus the humidity. We've had a couple evening chill-chaser fires already. Nothing big, but it's nice to let the stove know it's still appreciated.

5 times? That dog must be stupid. Jake never forgot what a skunk looked like and when he saw one he wouldn't go near it. He was a golden Retriever.

Status
Not open for further replies.