First 24hr burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Posvibe

Aug 19, 2019
Kentucky wood
Well just ran my whitfield for a 24hr burn. Is this a normal build up, or do I need to make adjustments

Attachments

• 20191013_165955.jpg
    20191013_165955.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 20191013_165947.jpg
    20191013_165947.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 20191013_165937.jpg
    20191013_165937.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 156
This was a mixed batch of pellets.next run is same brand. So I will see how they do and then try a different type. But also is the build up of ash around the pot normal. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: mykearmy1
Looks like you’re burning some pretty chitty pellets. Beware of somebody making their own, do they know what they are doing?

Looks like you’re burning some pretty chitty pellets. Beware of somebody making their own, do they know what they are doing?
The pellets that I just burnt where from lowes. I have an hour drive to get the pellets from the other place. Posted their pic . When I get a full burn on their pellets I will post a pic. Thanks

The pellets that I just burnt where from lowes. I have an hour drive to get the pellets from the other place. Posted their pic . When I get a full burn on their pellets I will post a pic. Thanks
Be careful, Lowes pellets can be chitty too. The Green Team Supremes are decent, the Green Supremes are junk...

What are Premium Wood Pellets?
Any pellet product marked premium must be able to show they have passed or exceeded standards for wood pellet fuels set by either the U.S. or Europe. In the U.S. these standards were created by the Pellet Fuel Institute (PFI) and in Europe by Deutsches Pelletinstitut or better known as ENPlus standard. Energy Pellets of America’s wood pellets meet these guidelines and have earned this distinction. This means our premium grade pellets have been tested by third party laboratories. During testing, our pellets were found to contain less than 8 percent moisture content, less than 1 percent ash content and have a high value of heating energy. Pellets are audited regularly to maintain the premium label.

PFI testing is elective and not random. A company can choose to have them come in on their best batch, and they will get a great rating, only to use sawmill heap or ground up pallets for the rest of their batches.

Reactions: Posvibe and fmsm