Fireplace for screened in porch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

RSNovi2

Sep 15, 2024
MI
Hello,

I am looking to build a screened in porch on the back of my house. We had one built on our last house and would like a very similar room, but also have a fireplace. I am wondering if a ZC fireplace would be an option. My main goal is for ambiance of an open fire. The last design had windows you could swap out the screens with during the window.

He is what we built last time and I would like to generally replicate it with a fireplace. It was 16x20. Please share your ideas with me.

[Hearth.com] Fireplace for screened in porch[Hearth.com] Fireplace for screened in porch[Hearth.com] Fireplace for screened in porch

It can be done. The main decisions will be budgetary, then location, and aesthetics. The least costly will be a contractor grade ZC fireplace or for less cost, a freestanding wood stove. If heating is desired then a more modern EPA ZC fireplace would be better.

Great, then it largely will come down to the size of the fireplace and aesthetics. There are several brands to choose from. SBI (Osburn/Vacourt), Pacific Energy, RSF, FPX, Northstar, Astria, etc.