Finally - A better way to tie up tomato plants!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello
It was time to tie up the tomato 🍅 plants and I always dread doing it!! This year a quick trip to Home Depot and bingo! Plant hold up clips! I never saw these before! What a pleasant surprise if they work! Took home a pack of 10 and the 100 feet of plant tie up with cutter! WOW easy peasy!
I already bolted in pressure treated 2x4s and used a piece of electrical conduit as a tie bar so just wrap the wire around it and pull the plant up before I twist it tight! Then as the plant grows I can untwist the wire and or change the clip to readjust it!!
We used approximately 2 clips per plant. Your results may vary. :)
Plant tie up clips
Plant tie up wire

IMG_3574.jpeg

IMG_3578.jpeg

View attachment 327992

IMG_3580.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s cool! It looks big enough to allow the plant to grow bigger too!

Reactions: Don2222
I hung my strings and used these. It’s super fast to add more as they grow or you need to support a big cluster of tomatoes.

Finally - A better way to tie up tomato plants!

Reactions: Don2222
I picked up some plant tape, its works like hook and loop tape but less abrasive on the plants. I also switched to the square tomato cages, the seem to be more stable than the cones.

Hello
Amazon has a better price on these clips. :)

IMG_3581.png