Fast and Easy Connection System/Screws for Securing Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sr73087

Dec 20, 2016
SW CT
I am going to purchase my liner setup from Woodland Direct most likely. They have the "fast and easy connection system", which looks almost like a hose clamp. How do these perform? Also, I still need to secure the tee to the stove and the cap on the bottom of the tee. What size fasteners do most of you use? I saw these on fastenal, would that be a good pick?

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0178670?r=~|categoryl1:"600000 Fasteners"|~ ~|categoryl2:"600051 Screws"|~ ~|categoryl3:"600066 Sheet Metal Screws"|~ ~|sattr02:^"Stainless Steel"$|~ ~|sattr03:^"Indented Hex"$|~

I am going to purchase my liner setup from Woodland Direct most likely. They have the "fast and easy connection system", which looks almost like a hose clamp. How do these perform? Also, I still need to secure the tee to the stove and the cap on the bottom of the tee. What size fasteners do most of you use? I saw these on fastenal, would that be a good pick?

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0178670?r=~|categoryl1:"600000 Fasteners"|~ ~|categoryl2:"600051 Screws"|~ ~|categoryl3:"600066 Sheet Metal Screws"|~ ~|sattr02:^"Stainless Steel"$|~ ~|sattr03:^"Indented Hex"$|~
If you are using lightwall liner it has to be attached with the band clamp style fasteners. The metal simply isnt thick enough to hold screws or rivets. As far as the tee cap and snout to stove connection any stainless sheetmetal screws will work we use 1/4" head self tappers 1/2" long for the teecap if it needs to be removable stainless rivets if not. And 3/4" long for the stove collar usually works but sometimes they need to be longer.