Ever Heard of the Firewood Drill?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
They made large ones that people would mount on a vehicles wheel. Jack up one rear wheel and it will spin and you could split wood off of it.

I don't really get how this is easier than just splitting wood. You're going to jack up your truck, remove a wheel, mount this tool, run your truck and then move the wood over to it and split it? It seems to me you could just fire up the splitter and get to work. Same with the drill tool, I don't see how that saves you anything. I guess it might be cool to try it just to pass some time.

This reminds me of the Red Green show, just before a disaster happens with one of his inventions. 😆

Reactions: cahaak and NickW
My luck, the cord from my sweat jacket hoodie would get caught and my Wife would find me being twirled and slammed to the ground over and over again<>

That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while. I'd rather use an axe.

Reactions: mpaul
I don't really get how this is easier than just splitting wood. You're going to jack up your truck, remove a wheel, mount this tool, run your truck and then move the wood over to it and split it? It seems to me you could just fire up the splitter and get to work. Same with the drill tool, I don't see how that saves you anything. I guess it might be cool to try it just to pass some time.
I think the idea is not that this is easier, but that it is more compact with less upfront cost. People in Alaska (and elsewhere) use their chainsaws with attachments to cut boards from logs rather than buying and storing a sawmill. Same concept here. Rather than paying to have a splitter flown in, they can hook this up to the truck they already have.

I would feel safer with a maul.

I think the idea is not that this is easier, but that it is more compact with less upfront cost. People in Alaska (and elsewhere) use their chainsaws with attachments to cut boards from logs rather than buying and storing a sawmill. Same concept here. Rather than paying to have a splitter flown in, they can hook this up to the truck they already have.

I would feel safer with a maul.
They work and if you don't want to drop a grand on a splitter, cheaper also.

The little one tested.

Reactions: BIGChrisNH
That's about what I figured, qwee.

That video is about what I thought I would see.