Ever have one of those days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodnomore

Oct 3, 2019
Central MN
My wife goes home for lunch every day and yesterday she called me and said the corn stove was not burning very hot and the distribution fan was not running and it was cold in the house. I left work early and of course possible causes were running thru my head, Mad at myself for not having a spare thermocouple on hand etc. I was sitting at a light and it dawned on me. I left the house in a hurry that morning I had an early appointment, I neglected to fill the hopper on the stove before I left.;em

Reactions: kappel15
Its probably a good time to clean the hopper. before you fill it up again. That's the excuse I give and it makes you look like you know what you are doing. It only works once a year.

I clean out the hooper one a month, I screen all the corn 3 times. Stays pretty clean. Plus wanted the house up to temperature when the wife got home.

My wife goes home for lunch every day and yesterday she called me and said the corn stove was not burning very hot and the distribution fan was not running and it was cold in the house. I left work early and of course possible causes were running thru my head, Mad at myself for not having a spare thermocouple on hand etc. I was sitting at a light and it dawned on me. I left the house in a hurry that morning I had an early appointment, I neglected to fill the hopper on the stove before I left.;em
Hmmm yup that has happened to me; several times lol.

Nope never happened to me :rolleyes: Lmao

• Haha
Yep, been there, done that! Multiple times! Stoves fine dear! Operator error! ;em Welcome to the CRS club. (can't remember chit)