Error 2 model 6039 American harvester

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Which board do you have? Error code is the same for both just curious... How old is the stove? Any parts replaced until now?

Have you run the test in the troubleshooting guide to ensure all components are functioning properly? Have you performed the cleaning that FirepotPete outlined. Really important to get behind the back wall of the firebox and brush/vacuum that area out well.

You could still be having a vacuum problem with both error 2 or 3 as vacuum issues will shut down the auger. Barring that, wondering if your problem is the thermistor. Might want to check that it is properly connected or replace as I don't think it is a big dollar value. The temperature it reads determines when the room blower turns on.

Always unplug the stove before working in the cabinet... Keep us posted.

Agitator motor or auger motor? How long have you been in the house? How much have you used the stove? Has the stove been on a surge protector or just plugged directly into the wall? Unplugged when you were working on it?

All component check out on test? A large majority of stove problems are related to cleaning or lack of... Have you followed FirepotPete's cleaning routine? That would be where I would start. Complete and total clean-up, including venting, to rule out something missed. I have a dryer lint brush and hose on an adapter on my shop vac with drywall bag. Make sure ash is cold/out. Just did my second cleaning this winter. Most stoves need cleaning after every ton or so (my stove 1000 hours operation).

If it has been used steady for the last month (likely more with previous owners), the exhaust venting and internal exhaust pathways need to be cleaned out ... which is why I posted the cleaning thread link. Need to get a gasket as you should pull the exhaust blower and vacuum/clean that cavity and brush off the blades. Should also used compressed air to blow out the windings to chase the dust bunnies away. Not sure about whether it has oiling ports so you should download a manual
http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/pdf/USStoveCompany_6039_MultiFuelCornPelletHeater.pdf

Wouldn't hurt to also clean the convection fan too. I have a really thin paint brush that I use and have the adapter on the shop vac so it will catch the dust as I brush the vanes. If you have pets, hair can really cause problems...

Give her a really good cleaning and let us know how you make out.