Enviro Windsor Fan Cyclng Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbois334

Sep 29, 2014
RI
So I have an Enviro Windsor that I rebuilt this past fall with all new motors and augers and gaskets. Since the I have replaced the convection blower as the first new one whined after two days. The new one whines now as well. The problem being that the fan has been kicking on high speed every time the t-stat calls for heat. Even when the heat setting is on the lowest setting of the control board. Now this am the fan is not cycling on when I turn the t-stat up 5 degrees, then ten minutes later the fan kicks in for a min on high and goes back to idle. Does anyone know where to look. Hoping it's not a motherboard issue as they are big $.
At my end with this stove and am tempted to go back to wood

Last edited:
I have the manual and read it to no avail. I have tested the fan and it turns on and off with no problem. The fan actually seems to short cycle on and off when the thermostat is calling for heat.

Does it run OK in manual mode ?

I disconnected the t-Stat and restarted the stove. On low heat setting the comvection fan kicks in on high for 5min and shuts back to idle and kicks up again in 15 or so min. It repeats this action in all of the heat settings. It seems the convection blower only goes full and intermittently

Does the fan work like this in manual mode
When a fire has been established, the System Light will turn solid and the convection blower will turn on (after approximately 10 - 15 minutes), and the Auger Light will continue to flash to the corresponding Heat Level setting. To OPERATE: Press the Heat Level button to change the desired Heat Level Output setting. The speed of the convection blower is controlled by the setting of the heat level. This blower can be turned OFF by depressing the convection blower control button. For the best efficiency, the convection blower should be left on at all times

If the fan only works in hi or low then you most likely need a control board
As all fan functions are controlled by the board . excluding loose wires and safety equipment

Yes the fan works only on high in the manual mode.not sure if it's work a mother board swap for me. I've already spent a ton on this stove. Let me check into the cost. Thank you for your advice

I have been playing with the stove and confirmed in manual mode on low heat setting the fan comes on high for 5 min every 15 min. no matter what heat setting the blower comes on full speed.

Ok , so i received the new circuit board at the nice price of $258 and installed it. The fan speed adjusted fine atfirst and I cycled it through all the heat settings and it seems ok. I then turned the heat setting down to low and the high fan kicked down after 15 min. Now with the heat setting on low the fan kicks on high about every 10 mins and then turns off. So it appears that I am still having the same problem. I hooked the thermostat back off and the fan still cycles every 10min even though the t stat is not calling and the stove should be idling. Any thoughts on where to go next?

What year is your stove ?

ok, so while surfing the net I came across enviro repair manual. it stated to uplug a wire to the 160 degree sensor and if the fan kicks off then replace the sensor. I just did it and the fan kicked off. Can i run the stove tonight with the senor unhooked?

Is that the hi temp. sensor Red button in the middle of it ?

its the 160 one. I havent removed it as the stove is going but its on the left firewall. theres another one on the right side that i believe is the high temp one

Just trying to determine if it's safe to run for the night till I can shut it down tomorrow and replace the senor?

I can't tell you to run it or not
All sensors are for some type of safety
The only thing I can see this sensor is for
is too turn the fan on hi if the heat exchanger tube reach's 160
and the sensor may be faulty . The decision is yours

Ok John. I agree. Just was wondering if anyone else has tried running without it. I'm gona run it as it still has the high temp hooked up.

Today I replaced the 160 temp sensor. The high fan still kicks on full speeds off and on every15 min or so. Even on the lowest heat setting. Sure enough when I unhook one wire to the sensor the fan works as normal. It goes up when I turn each heat setting up. Anyone know where else to look. The online repair manual states to unplug one of the wire and if the fan cuts down then replace the center. I am out of ideas where to check next.? Basically I just replaced every possible part except the high temp sensor.

so I am convinced the at the stove is overheating which once it trips the 160 sensor then the comvection fans goes into high speed as designed. None heat level one it will run fine for about 20-30min before the convection fans goes on high untill it cools again. after touching the stove I can tell its way hotter than it has ever been. Now I need to figure why it's running hotter all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.