enviro P3 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrblass

Oct 15, 2016
ny
just received my P3 that was ordered onine, I have one question - what is the vertical sliding door that is on the side of the exhaust blower (right hand side of stove when looking at it) near the end of the outside air inlet? Is it to be removed when using outside air and to be left in place when not using outside air? TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! Sorry no one got back to you. Not exactly sure what plate you are referring to and couldn't find reference in the manual. Any chance of posting a pic? Wondering if it is a plate that may be used with the external blower option.

The only thing I see in the manual is the slider damper
on page 21 Is that the plate you mean ?

Reactions: Lake Girl
No- it is not the damper. It is on the other side of the stove. I do not see any mention of it in the manual either.it is attached to the side of the exhaust blower.

Can you upload a picture I really am having
a problem visualizing what and where you mean

enviro P3 question enviro P3 question enviro P3 question
Can you upload a picture I really am having
a problem visualizing what and where you mean
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question
enviro P3 question

1st picture has silver door closed. 2nd picture has door pulled up and removed. 3rd picture is close up of openning(you can see the exhaust fan blades inside. The sliding damper openning is on the other side of the blower.. It can not be seen from this side of the stove.

That looks like a clean out port to me . Has to be installed for proper
operation . Gives nice access to the fan for cleaning . It is in the
exhaust path has nothing to do with outside air .

I agree

I would suggest that it is a plate that is removable if you are using the external blower option. For your set up, it would be a clean-out port. How is the plate secured? Would be an area to watch for exhaust leakage as it doesn't appear to have mechanical fasteners.

Keep us posted on your install and we like pics of first fire up. If it is still outside the house, you may want to do your test burns outside so you don't have to deal with the smell of hot paint. If inside, be prepared to open some windows to help with the smell!

PS Looks like she's inside already ... Open windows to dissipate smell!

It is not mechanically fastened. The plate slides in from a slot on the top of blower assembly. Once it slides in, it is just held in place at the top, the bottom of the plate can be pulled towards you. I guess maybe the fan creates a suction that keeps it loosely Thanks, i am aware of the smoke issue.

wahoo! Feel the warmth! Good luck and clean her well. Don't wait too long on the surge protector ... my experience is the nasty storms of fall are out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.