Enviro P3 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The only call I have had on one was not the stove at fault
the surge suppressor was faulty. The owner was very happy
with the stoves performance over the 2 years he has had it

seems like a great little stove. If I could get the wife on board with a cabinet style stove. How is the flame on these? does it put out plenty of heat for it's size? Looking to use as supplemental heat to heat pump in tidewater va as well as ambiance

The P3 only puts out at max. of 35 thousand BTU
Depending on the area you plan to heat the tightness of your home
and what you expect from the stove. It may be 2 small
When I was deciding on what stove to buy many years ago
the salesperson wanted to sell me a Mini (Enviro) it was
rated at 35 thousand BTU. The room (an add-on to my home
was built in 1937). After gutting it, new windows, insulation, (2x4 walls)
we decided on a bigger stove now I am glad I did during very cold
spells the extra BTUs were needed and appreciated. so as you can see
choose a stove for what you want it to do . Also the one your better half likes

Reactions: Ssyko
I would be looking to heat about 1,100 square feet of main living space , 8 foot ceilings, fairly recently renovated. If heat makes it down the hallway a little that would be fine, but not really required. Here in coastal Virginia we don't get down into the 20's very often. I think I want a small stove so can run it when cooler and not get run out of here. Currently looking at Enviro or Quad hastings. thanks for the feedback by the way johneh

I heated my 1600sf ranch w/vaulted celings for 19 years with a Quad cb1200. I have no complaints with the stove it performed admirably over the years, it was a lil small for Our application but it kept chugging along. 2 years ago i got a deal I couldn’t pass up. Taking some repaired boards back to a dealer (is a member here) I replaced the CB with an enviro Maxx. It is a heat beast but it doesn’t struggle to maintain comfortable temperatures. Using just a bag and a half in 24hrs we keep the temperature @74. So I’m sure you will be happy with either brand. Just remember it’s easier to turn a big stove down than to try and get more from a smaller one.

Ssyko Are you trying to overload the poor guy with data?
M55 Cast Iron
Heating Area
2,500 ft²
BTUs
Efficiency
60.3%
Unit Dims (WHD)
30” x 32” x 28”

That and google works pretty easy lol

I’m with Ssyko on this one, epa reports are a great way of comparing stoves heat output and pellet usage. Manufacturers data for heat is almost useless, if you look at the M55 and say a Trekker on the company’s website you might think they are very similar. A quick look at the epa reports tells a very different story.

I’m with Ssyko on this one, epa reports are a great way of comparing stoves heat output and pellet usage. Manufacturers data for heat is almost useless, if you look at the M55 and say a Trekker on the company’s website you might think they are very similar. A quick look at the epa reports tells a very different story.

Yes, I agree but you would hope they would have some way of condensing it
for us laymen. It tends to be a long boring read

Reactions: ManitobaSky
I appreciate all of the data. here is the condensed version. Also burns on low at 10,000 btu's, which is that something that won't blow you out of the house when say it's in the 40's? Anything above the heat pump handles just fine but 40 is around the cutoff when it needs help. Also want to be able to run just for ambience.

Enviro P3 owners

This is the epa report for the M55 series, as you can see it falls far short of Enviro’s claims. At first I thought the unit tested must have had some issue but that begs the question why the company wouldn’t have wanted a retest. Unless they only cared that the unit passed certification.

Attachments

• Enviro P3 owners
    C3B085D5-EC6A-4B01-A94B-79E6E3499CD8.png
    80 KB · Views: 125
New rules were handed down last year and not many stoves complied so alot of them had to do some tweaking. Enviro was not the only one.

Reactions: johneh
All the mfgr’s exaggerate their stove stats.

I own an Enviro P3 and love it. I use it plus a small wood stove to heat my home.
During the first year I did a lot a tweaking and MacGyvering to get it super efficient.
I would guess that I'm now getting an extra 10% out of it.
My biggest complaint is the fresh air kit. In it's original form, it's basically useless. All it does is direct cold air to the rear of the stove, which is enclosed with an open grill, so the result is that you're letting cold air into the room, not the stove.
I'm using 3/4 of a bag per 20 hour day, plus my little wood stove in the kitchen.
If anyone wants to know all the modifications I made, I can post that info separately.

Reactions: PIXYGIRL
If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the technicians manual for the P3, that would be awesome.
I have all the basic manuals, and the older technicians manual but it doesn't include the P3

what did you do to make the OAK less useless?
I purchased a high temperature silicon tube (cheap) then used some very ridged wire and tape to form the tube into an S shape (so it won't get pinched in the curves). Then I attached the new hose between the intake pipe at the rear to the stove and the intake pipe to the burn pot.