Enviro Milan help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceMA

Nov 30, 2013
Massachussetts
Hello all, I would be very grateful for your opinions on some problems I have been having with my pellet stove.

We had our enviro milan professionally installed by a local company in fall 2012 and we have been having problems with it ever since. It goes off a lot, at least once in a 24 hour period and more if we are on a low setting. When it goes off we are left with a lot full of unburned pellets and lights 3 & 4 flashing on the control panel. We also have a problem with soot build up on the glass, it's a white cloud near the center which over 24 hours turn brown but on the right hand side it is a much darker and more difficult to remove deposit.

Having been through the manual, it states that soot build up and unburnt pellets is a combustion blower issue and it needs more air. I have turned it up full and still get the same problems and when the installation company had been out in the past they said I had the air up too high anyway.

Last year I had been told by the installation company it was the pellets I had used as well and so this year after having it cleaned by them, the exhaust professionally swept and raising the unit a couple of inches to get better air flow through and using only the pellets they recommend we are still experiencing the same problems.

I will be trying to get the company to come out again but they are very busy at the moment and wouldn't be able to for a couple of weeks so wanted to know if there is anything I should be trying? I have adjusted the blower trim and feed rate at the side but I'm at a loss to what else to do. I can't seem to find what the lights flashing means either

Status
Not open for further replies.