Enviro maxx problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellC

Feb 11, 2014
westminster maryland
I am new to this forum I purchased a house in August that has the Enviro maxx
unit seemed to work fine until this past week 50 percent of the time it will not ignite and then once it does the flame is erratic and seems to be shutting off usually at the end of the 12 minutes start up. The number 3 light blinks
today I finally got it to light and noticed that what happens after the startup. Is that the auger stops feeding pellets

One thing that helps the stove owners is to read the manual. Your most likely going to find loads of useful info in it.

Here's a cut from the manual on the number 3 error code.

4. Light # 3 on Heat output bar flashing
(The Exhaust Temp. Switch contacts have opened.)
*Stove ran out of fuel - check fuel level in the hopper*
*Severe negative pressure in area where unit is installed - Check the operation by opening a window, does this solve the problem? If it does, install fresh air intake to unit or room. Venting system may require vertical section to move termination into a low pressure zone.
*See sections #2 “Stove will not operate when hot”, #3 “The Exhaust motor will not function normally” and #5 “Auger light flashes....turn at all.” for more suggestions.

One thing that helps the stove owners is to read the manual. Your most likely going to find loads of useful info in it.

Here's a cut from the manual on the number 3 error code.

Thanks. I have read through the manual. Been a wood stove user for 20 yes..pellet is all be to me. The more I read I think maybe the "vacuum port ?" May be clogged. And maybe just a real good cleaning.. I cleaned flue last week. But was unable to get the horizontal through the wall accessed.

Hopefully tonight I'll get it all apart. Any other insights will be appreciated..
Thanks again

Was able to clean it tonight.. Completely. Works like a champ now.
I definitely see what all the post s talked about.. Lot of places for ash to get to..

Thanks for this site..lot of good info..

Glad you got her fired up and running. A clean stove is a happy stove! A happy stove makes for a happy owner;lol Welcome to the forum and keep reading - lots of info here....

Status
Not open for further replies.