Enviro M55 FPI Daughter Board Replacement - HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

allicat

Oct 22, 2019
Boston
I have an older Enviro M55 Cast Iron Fireplace pellet insert. The daughter board needs to be replaced - it is located to the right of the hopper when you slide the lid open. I have the replacement part, but I can't figure out how to access the daughter board to swap it out. All of the parts around it are riveted. I have seen other posts saying it's simple and to just remove the screws, but mine has no screws, only rivets. I've removed the surround and pulled the stove out but still can't figure out how to access. I don't want to cause damage - is there something easy I am missing? Been searching the internet for tips but everything leads to free standing or newer models that have screws. Just to clarify, I am not talking about the mother board located in the back - that is easily accessible.

allicat,
I have a M-55 Freestanding so mine is different and the daughterboard is accessable as you describe by just removing the two bolts that hold the fill plate hinges in place and lifiting the whole top casting off.

Here is the link to your manual from the Enviro website.
Hope this helps.

---Nailer---

Reactions: vinny11950
I have an older Enviro M55 Cast Iron Fireplace pellet insert. The daughter board needs to be replaced - it is located to the right of the hopper when you slide the lid open. I have the replacement part, but I can't figure out how to access the daughter board to swap it out. All of the parts around it are riveted. I have seen other posts saying it's simple and to just remove the screws, but mine has no screws, only rivets. I've removed the surround and pulled the stove out but still can't figure out how to access. I don't want to cause damage - is there something easy I am missing? Been searching the internet for tips but everything leads to free standing or newer models that have screws. Just to clarify, I am not talking about the mother board located in the back - that is easily accessible.
Did you ever find out how to get to your Daughter Board to replace it? I have the same problem as you had back in 2019. My pellet stove insert is a Regency - Hampton GC160, which is the same stove as the Enviro M55C FPI.

Maybe this will help

Cast stove is

Enviro m55 insert daughter board help - Hearth.com​

1697501860839.png
hearth.com
https://www.hearth.com › talk › threads › enviro-m55...

Jan 20, 2019 — The daughter board on my m55 insert (not at all like the FS unit) is failing (power button) and I can't figure out how to get to it so I can ...

Enviro M55 FPI Daughter Board Replacement - HELP!
Oct 22, 2019
M55 Cast daughter card | Hearth.com Forums Home
Mar 12, 2015
How to remove lid from Enviro M55 - Hearth.com
Mar 6, 2020
M55C Side Panel Removal | Hearth.com Forums Home
Jan 17, 2018
More results from www.hearth.com

They have all kinds of information on changing out the Mother Board on the free standing and the FPI which are easy because when I pull the stove out it is right there, but they have nothing on getting to the Daughter board on the Enviro M55C FPI / Regency-Hampton GC160 which are the same stove. Like was said in the past, everything is pop-riveted together. I just have to be smarter than the stove and apparently I am not! :-(