Enviro EF2 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

saigon71

Feb 21, 2012
westernmass
I have been running my Enviro EF2 for about 8 years, burning 4 tons a year. Lately, something starts rattling intermittently, I think it's the blower, should I just replace it?

I would take it out and see what is rattling first. Might just be a loose screw or something simple.

I would take it out and see what is rattling first. Might just be a loose screw or something simple.
It was cleaned professionally at the end of last year. I opened it up today and vacuumed the crap out of it. There was a pellet in the impeller wheel, I think I got it out but frankly it's hard to get in there past the convection blower, should I get speciality brushes? Everything seemed to be well bolted into place.

Are we talking Convection blower or the Combustion blower?

Are we talking Convection blower or the Combustion blower?
The stove died this weekend while I was away, my tenant said the flame got lazy and then just went out. I just turned it on and the fan connected to the exhaust pipe is running but the one beyond it is not, it is open and looks like a hamster wheel, that's the impeller, right?

That would be the convection/room blower. Lazy flame sounds like a plugged up stove that needs a good cleaning

I also say the stove needs a full tear down cleaning
Vac inside of stove -Pull the steel brick panel off
pull steel panel behind vac all ash out- clean and
vac passage to combustion fan remove combustion
fan clean and blow dust from elec motor- brush
chimney remove clean out cap and vac
ash from the pipe. Remove Circulation blower clean
fan, blow all dust from the motor find the 2 D ports on
electric motor and oil 1to 2 drops of 3 in 1 Put
it all back together and fire it up Adj air slide
You do have a manual right
It now should run like new

The augur motor went! The augur would jam once a year (less with Dry Creek pellets) but this time I unjammed it and motor is not turning at all.

I get about a 24 to 30-hour burn on the lowest setting
that The stove will burn on it is an Enviro ef3
What year is your stove?
On the control panel, the lowest knob controls the auger
the closer to the blue zone the fewer pellets you will use also less heat
turned toward the red zone more heat and more pellets used
Turning toward the blue zone eventually it will feed not enough
pellets to maintain a fire . You have infinite adjustment

I get about a 24 to 30-hour burn on the lowest setting
that The stove will burn on it is an Enviro ef3
What year is your stove?
On the control panel, the lowest knob controls the auger
the closer to the blue zone the fewer pellets you will use also less heat
turned toward the red zone more heat and more pellets used
Turning toward the blue zone eventually it will feed not enough
pellets to maintain a fire . You have infinite adjustment
It is burning like hell on the lowest setting. My tenant has windows open. I bought the exact same motor on Amazon as I pulled out of it, I think it is a 2011 or 2012 Enviro EFIIi. Either the timer isn't working or the motor is turning the augur too much, how do I figure out which one is happening?

I would shut the stove down and use some electronics contact cleaner and spray in the back side of the dial a fire potentiometer. It may be dirty and sticking on high inside. Or just may be wore out.

What Ssyko said or at least turn it down
sounds like it is on high ( line on the dial should
be somewhere around the middle between stops)