Englander top auger not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jovis

Dec 18, 2018
Upstate NY
Hi all! I'm having a difficult time diagnosing this problem. The top auger on my Englander 25-PDVC is not turning. It is about 4 years old.I fully cleaned the stove, including the vacuum hose and the barbs on the vacuum switch. I've also bypassed the vacuum switch with no luck. I then created a custom plug to plug the motor directly into the wall and the motor turns immediately. Does this sound like a control board issue? And do you think doing a reset on it would possibly fix it? If not, what else could be the culprit?

If the auger turned, as well as the motor, when you did your test, then it is either the control board or a faulty connection between the board and the motor. You might try tracing back from the motor to the board to see what you can find.

The top auger wires, one wire is connected to the vac switch then from the vac switch goes to the control board. The other wire goes from the auger straight to the control board. Both spade terminals are right next to each other on the board. As you face the back of the board it will be the second and third terminals on the top. More than likely its the triac that went tango uniform. Did you have a power problem? Maybe a shorted wire? Static shock?

The top auger wires, one wire is connected to the vac switch then from the vac switch goes to the control board. The other wire goes from the auger straight to the control board. Both spade terminals are right next to each other on the board. As you face the back of the board it will be the second and third terminals on the top. More than likely its the triac that went tango uniform. Did you have a power problem? Maybe a shorted wire? Static shock?
Another possibility is the hopper lid Saftey switch. Try jumping that out befor you spend a lot of money on a new board .

Reactions: Ssyko
Thank you all! Pellet rick, it WAS the hopper switch!! I jumped it and it has been running (with the top auger motor turning) for an hour now!! Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: Pellet rick