Englander sale??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manoadventure

Mar 1, 2019
Helen GA
I saw a few years back these used to go on sale in Spring in different zip codes at Home Depot... is that an annual thing? Anyone know when the sales usually start or where to find the best deals on the NC30?

You can watch AM FM Energy...they have Englander factory seconds...but look to be out of the 30 right now...

I used amfm for a “blemish” englander pellet grill and the transaction and price were excellent. Would use them again.

When I bought mine, I just offered less for the stove. They accepted. You don't have to wait for a sale.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Sales this year were late febuary and early march. Big discounts this year. Paid about $730 for each of my 30s a few yrs ago. But the 30 while a good reliable stove seems to be getting dated. Better performing and better looking stoves out there also from englander at similar and cheaper prices.

Last edited:
He will be the dude with a beer in hand, no shirt, and in his undies with all the windows and doors open. lol

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
He will be the dude with a beer in hand, no shirt, and in his undies with all the windows and doors open. lol
Sounds like something from "King of the hill" ;lol

Reactions: begreen
At least I wont be alone then...

Sales this year were late febuary and early march. Big discounts this year. Paid about $730 for each of my 30s a few yrs ago. But the 30 while a good reliable stove seems to be getting dated. Better performing and better looking stoves out there also from englander at similar and cheaper prices.

My nc30 door is not warped. Haven’t seen anything from englander I would want to trade it for. The nc30 is a brute.

Many of us have installed and baked the paint on new stoves over the summer. My last one was in August! You want the windows open to vent the smoke anyway.

My nc30 door is not warped. Haven’t seen anything from englander I would want to trade it for. The nc30 is a brute.
I have 2 NC 30s and the doors are fine. NC-30 never had a door problem. That said i actually prefer to use my newer model SHSS50-02 that does have a door problem. Outside the door problem it burns cleaner,is better looking,easier to load and the door glass stays much cleaner. Im thinking of going to one of the newer smaller newer design models like SHSSWO1 or 50-SNC13 that are similar in appearance but dont have the door problem.

The 50-SNC13 is an old design. Been around for years and is definitely time proven.

Old thread, I know. i was looking for the annual Englander sale on the 32-NC. Sorry to hear it's now kaput.

SO, can you say more or point to a specific thread on the bolded statement above? My SIL is asking for advice for a wood stove and I don't want to give her outdated 30-NC info (which is what I have since 2014).

Thanks,

Better looking is subjective. Looking at price, my 30 cost me something like $999 or so around 10 years ago. I did a quick search and it looks like HD has it for $1049. If you think about inflation, that's probably cheaper.

Me, I think the 30 is an ugly box with limitations, but it holds fire just fine.

Old thread, I know. i was looking for the annual Englander sale on the 32-NC. Sorry to hear it's now kaput.

SO, can you say more or point to a specific thread on the bolded statement above? My SIL is asking for advice for a wood stove and I don't want to give her outdated 30-NC info (which is what I have since 2014).,
Check local stores in your region to see if they are doing any inventory clearance. Often this is not advertised. Or checkout AM/FM energy. Otherwise post a new thread that provides more specifics on your SIL's needs. Perhaps a Century or Drolet can also work?

SO, can you say more or point to a specific thread on the bolded statement above? My SIL is asking for advice for a wood stove and I don't want to give her outdated 30-NC info (which is what I have since 2014).
Thanks,
It appear its somewhat dictated by location. Folks looking for a deal in the past would only have to enter a different Zip code of the local lowes store they were shopping at and get a different online price for shipped stoves. If your picking the stove up locally your store choices are more limited. Spring time is the time to scoop up leftover inventory. Last spring i found a Big madison 2400 Summer heat for $499 . Big discount from what usually closer to 1K. Thats the one with door problems though. As of right now all my my local HD have the 32-NC listed for $1049.

It appear its somewhat dictated by location. Folks looking for a deal in the past would only have to enter a different Zip code of the local lowes store they were shopping at and get a different online price for shipped stoves. If your picking the stove up locally your store choices are more limited. Spring time is the time to scoop up leftover inventory. Last spring i found a Big madison 2400 Summer heat for $499 . Big discount from what usually closer to 1K. Thats the one with door problems though. As of right now all my my local HD have the 32-NC listed for $1049.
I bought a 32-NC from HD for that price three weeks ago. HD offers a 10% veterans’ discount, which brought the price down to just under $950. I thought the price was good and I like the stove, a lot.

I’m looking for a sale this spring and if it happens I will buy a second one.