Englander Pvdc what extra part should I have on hand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Doylee4693

Nov 16, 2017
Buffalo
Going into my third season with my englander pvdc-25 and wondering what, besides a spare auger motor, should I purchase? Thanks

When you can swing it i would acquire a spare control board. Watch market place and CL and get an older complete stove maybe.

Reactions: Doylee4693
When you can swing it i would acquire a spare control board. Watch market place and CL and get an older complete stove maybe.
Whew thats a talllll order, how long do these boards generally last? How about auger bearings and the vacuum and pressure switch, are those a problem? I really should have grabbed a spare over the summer and will for sure next summer.

Yeah i know. but every now and then i see stoves for 100 bucks and yes its taking a chance but the boards may be good. i got 2 this past spring and refurbished both and resold. yeah a spare vac and vac hose are always good to have on hand for the englanders.

Yeah i know. but every now and then i see stoves for 100 bucks and yes its taking a chance but the boards may be good. i got 2 this past spring and refurbished both and resold. yeah a spare vac and vac hose are always good to have on hand for the englanders.
Englander said the only cracks they ever see in the hose is at the connection and that the line is long enough to cut a handful of times, i suspect it will last me awhile. By a spare vac, do you mean the vac switch? Thanks buddy, hope all is well

yup Vac switch. All good here. hope all is well with you. stay warm;)

Cumbustion motor. As far as control board ? Knock on wood or I am lucky as hell but I’m on my 6th season with mine and the only parts I have actually replaced due to failure are the combustion blower and a auger motor as well as a door gasket kit. And the combustion blower didn’t fail but it was getting noisy so I replaced it before it did. I’m a big believer of surge protection on the power supply which I believe helps the board.