englander problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel07

Nov 20, 2014
pennsylvania
i have a englander 25 pdv manufactured in aug 2008.
last march i was getting a e2 code 10 seconds after pushing the on button and i would push the on button again and it would run as normal. about this time my ignitor stopped working.so this year i bought new ignitor and it works but it still throws the e2 code.

now it will run for a half hour to an hour and throw an e1 code and completly shut down.i clean the pipe and the combustion motor and replaced both gaskets. both auger motors seem fine.i was on hold for ever with englander and never did get to talk with anyone.

any of ideas? any help will be greatly appreciated

If the unit fires but does not continue to run with ample heat to be able to make its proof of fire temp.: The likely issue is a disconnected heat sensor, or the “air on temp” setting being too high. To check the air on temp, push that button and look in the blower speed readout for the setting. It must be set on 1; if set higher, reset to 1 and re-attempt to start the unit. If the stove still doesn’t make it out of startup (particularly if the room fan does not come on), check the heat sensor for possible bad connection. If connected correctly, test the sensor in diagnostic; if the sensor reads a "9" in the heat range and it is connected properly, it’s bad and should be replaced. (thats off the englander website) find your heat sensor and try to jump it temporarily just to see if the stove continues to run

Glad you got some help and confirmation from Englander. Keep us posted on how you make out

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.